Get to the most popular rides first, and where comfortable shoes for a long and fun day!
Remember: Get to the park when it opens! Even though you are on vacation, it is beneficial to wake up early and get there before the long lines.
Use the Universal App! You can see wait times for any ride, anywhere.
If you are staying at an on-site hotel, you have early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Take advantage of this or get there as early as possible. Also on-site hotels come with Express passes! These are super helpful.
Here is how you should spend your day at IOA:
- Get a quick breakfast at your hotel.
- Ride Incredible Hulk Coaster.
- Ride Forbidden Journey.
- Ride Dragon Challenge or Flight of the Hippogriff (or both)
- Try some butterbeer.
- Walk to Jurassic Park.
- Ride River Adventure if you don't mind getting wet (see previous article)
- Explore Camp Jurassic or Discovery Center.
- Ride Ripsaw Falls and Popeyes Barges (also water rides, see previous article)
- Grab some lunch from Blondie's sandwich shop.
- Ride Spiderman.
- Ride Dr Dooms Fearful and Hulk again.
- Walk to Suess Landing and go on rides if you have little kids or like slow rides.
- Watch The Sinbad Stunt Show in the Lost Continent.
- Go back to any rides you would like to ride again.
- Eat dinner at the Three Broomsticks.
- Explore shops/visit City Walk.
Yes, this day may seem long and busy, but personally I like to experience as much as I can so as to make the most of the vacation.
Remember to keep in mind the likes and dislikes of everyone in your party so everyone enjoys themselves.